Management Referrals / Sickness Absence / Return To Work Advice
The management referral to the Occupational Health Department may be made by a manager for advice on how best to support and manage an employee, when their health is affecting their work or work is contributing or causing health problems.
Reasons for Referral
- Recurring short term absences – based on episodes and their frequency, within a defined time-frame
- Long term sickness absence – usually defined as continuous absence of 4 weeks or more.
- Fitness to Work Advice / Returning to Work Advice – following an injury or period of ill health
- Work performance issues – where there may be a health related problem.
- Concerns about an employee’s health – where there is a genuine worry for the individual’s health prior to any real impact on absence or performance especially in relation to the Equality Act 2010
- Investigations relating to work-related illness/injury – assessment of whether a health problem is likely to be work-related or not.
- Ill-Health Retirement Assessment – to advise whether the criteria for ill health retirement may be met according to the organisation’s policy.
Other medical services we can provide
This assessment will evaluate if someone is fit to work in certain environments.view service
These checks will also identify if existing control measures in place are adequateview service
Work Health Assessments
We will identify if an employee is fit to undertake night workview service