Management Referrals / Sickness Absence / Return to Work Advice
The management referral to the Occupational Health Department may be made by a manager for advice on how best to support and manage an employee, when their health is affecting their work or work is contributing or causing health problems.
Reasons for Referral
- Recurring short term absences – based on episodes and their frequency, within a defined time-frame
- Long term sickness absence – usually defined as continuous absence of 4 weeks or more.
- Fitness to Work Advice / Returning to Work Advice – following an injury or period of ill health
- Work performance issues – where there may be a health related problem.
- Concerns about an employee’s health – where there is a genuine worry for the individual’s health prior to any real impact on absence or performance especially in relation to the Equality Act 2010
- Investigations relating to work-related illness/injury – assessment of whether a health problem is likely to be work-related or not.
- Ill-Health Retirement Assessment – to advise whether the criteria for ill health retirement may be met according to the organisation’s policy.
Other medical services we provide
- Work health assessment – The purpose of this assessment is to see if any health issues could effect the health of an employee
- Permit to work assessment – This will determine if someone is fit to work carrying out tasks in certain environments.
- HAVS assessment – We will assess if exposure to equipment has caused hand arm vibration that can effect your nerves.