Scleroderma & Raynaud’s UK – Awareness Month – June04 Jun 2018
Scleroderma is a rare, chronic disease of the immune system, blood vessels and connective tissue. 2.5 million people worldwide have scleroderma, and in the UK there are 12,000 people diagnosed. It is an autoimmune condition, meaning the immune system becomes overactive and attacks healthy tissue in the body. It is a severe condition and can be fatal. This year Scleroderma & Raynaud’s UK (SRUK) are increasing awareness of Scleroderma and the need for earlier diagnosis of the condition. There are 3 indicators of scleroderma:
1. Raynaud’s phenomenon
2. Sore swollen fingers or aching joints
3. Reflux or heartburn.
Put June in your diary and get involved in Scleroderma Awareness Month.
- Management Referrals – We will give advice to managers when the employee’s health is effecting their work.
- Work health assessment – The purpose of this assessment is to see if any health issues could effect the health of an employee
- HAVS assessment – We will assess if exposure to equipment has caused hand arm vibration that can effect your nerves.
- Drivers Medical – Carried out by an Occupational Health Nurse supported by the DVLA Medicals Standards for Fitness to Drive guidelines